Tips Before You Tan
A St. Tropez Sunless Treatment gives you a fast, flawless tan with professional results. Choose from Classic, Dark or Express for a natural looking tan to suit every skin tone.
To Ensure your tan is flawless and even, please follow this simple guide:
PREPARATION BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT:
- It is essential not to apply any type of perfume, deodorant or aromatherapy oils on the day of your treatment as these reduce the results
- Waxing or shaving should be completed at least 24 hours prior to the treatment to reduce sensitivity.
- The evening before or morning of your treatment, exfoliate your entire body using ST. Tropez Body Polish. Pay Special attention to dry areas of your body such as hands, elbows, knees and feet. DO NOT APPLY LOTIONS TO FACE OR BODY PRIOR TO COMING TO YOUR APPOINTMENT ( We recommend you come in prior to your spray tan and pick up this product)
- Wear dark, loose fitting clothing with a dark colored bra or preferably no bra at all. Please be aware that the guide color can stain light hair, man made fibers and wool. Tight fitting clothing can leave wrinkle marks on the skin, which may cause uneven tanning
- We recommend you have a patch test prior to every ST. Tropez Spray Tan Treatment
- Have a manicure/pedicure prior to a spray tan. Polish remover or soaking your feet can take the tanning solution off
The application may take up to 15 Minutes for the entire treatment. The Bronzing Mist will dry on your skin in just a few minutes so you can dress right after the treatment.
- Avoid touching or rubbing the applied tan once the treatment is completed
- For the short period that your face is sprayed, close your eyes and do not inhale. If you suffer from respiratory problems, please contact your doctor before having a treatment
- Tropez highly recommends that extraction is present in a Spray Tan room. Wink Lash & Beauty Bar has a 3 fan tanning station to help extract as much as possible from the air.
AFTER YOUR TREATMENT
Your tan will begin to develop immediately after your treatment
- Bring loose, dark clothing to wear afterwards
- No Elastic waistbands, no sweat pants, bring smooth, soft fabric.
- Bring flip flops to wear out
- Do not shower or bathe for a minimum of 4 hours after your treatment
- Do not participate in any activity which may cause perspiration for at least 12 hours after the treatment
- It is fine to leave the guide color on overnight and wash in the morning. Some guide color may transfer to bed linen. This will wash out of cotton but not so easily from man made fibers or wool.
(guide color is the color we see while spraying you to ensure we are covering you evenly with color)
TAN MAINTENANCE TIPS
With the correct aftercare your tan will last longer.
- Apply St. Tropez Body Moisturizer or St. Tropez Tan Booster daily in between spray tan to maintain your tan for longer and to ensure even fading
- Exfoliate your skin with St.Tropez Body Polish every 3 days to ensure your tan fades evenly
- Do not rub, but pat your skin dry after showering or bathing
- Avoid swimming pools or salt water as they can fade your tan
RECOMMENDED AT HOME AFTER CARE PRODUCTS
We recommend you take home the following products to ensure the longest lasting spray tan
- Tropez Body Moisturizer- to keep skin hydrated and moisturized
- Tropez Tan Booster – maintains your tan longer and helps ensure even fading
- Tropez Body Polish – Ensures your tan fades evenly, also used prior to tanning for a more even application
- Tropez Sunless Tanning Foam or Spray in the color you were sprayed with to extend the life of your tan